Frequently Asked Questions

For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of the questions we hear most frequently. We also invite you to review our District FAQ page and handbooks (in our Quick Link section) for more details or clarification on our policies. If you still have questions, give us a call—we’re happy to help!

How do I enroll my child at Dr. Marvene Lobato Child Care Center?

We are thrilled to welcome new members to our community! Please visit our About Us pages for information about enrolling your child in one of our programs. We register students for our half-day, developmental preschool program at the district level, while our Head Start director, Elizabeth Camu, registers Head Start participants.

Does your school offer breakfast and lunch?

Due to our half-day programming, we do not provide student meals at DMLCCC. We do, however, offer a nutritious nut-free snack during the day. All role model students should plan on bringing breakfast and/or lunch from home. We are a nut-free facility; please do not bring to school products that contain nuts or nut-products from home.

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

We administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. Please complete a medication authorization form, and bring medications in the original, labeled packaging to the nurse’s office. If your child requires a health care plan, please make an appointment with Nurse Julie Davis at 623-707-2103. Children who have special health care needs or require medication on a long-term basis may not start preschool until the appropriate health care plan is in place.

During registration, we will also provide parents/guardians with an OTC permission slip. Please use this form to document other non-prescription, topical medications your child needs including sunscreens, lip ointments/creams, chapstick-type applicators, and skin creams/lotions. Be sure to label all such items with your child’s first and last name and check it into the nurse’s office.

Do you provide transportation services?

We are pleased to provide our students who have IEP transportation requirements with safe, reliable “door-to-door” transportation to and from school each day. A parent or guardian must be at the curb to meet/drop off their child when the bus arrives. If you are not available to meet your child, we will return him or her to DMLCCC for you to pick up. If you do not pick up your child within one hour of dismissal, we will call the Phoenix Police Department for a “safety check.”

For additional information on bus policies, schedules, and routes, please visit our district Transportation page.

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?
If your child must miss school, please contact our Transportation Department at 623-707-4526 so they can reroute the bus driver. Then call us at 623-474-7260. For information about attendance requirements, please refer to our handbooks.
What should my child wear to preschool?

We are a very active group of learners. Please dress your child appropriately for school activities such as painting, exploring with textures and sticky substances, outdoor play, music and dance, etc. Your child will be most comfortable in clothing that moves and shoes that do not slip off the feet. We also ask that parents send a backpack of personal items and emergency clothing with their child. Each backpack should be clearly labeled and include the following:

  • Extra socks and underwear
  • A change of clothing
  • Pull-ups, diapers, and/or wipes as applicable
How can I get more involved?
We strongly encourage your involvement and participation. Please take the time to introduce yourself to your child’s teacher and let him or her know that you’re interested in getting involved and helping in the classroom or on field trips. For the safety of our students, all volunteers must complete a parent volunteer packet. Parents who have not completed a volunteer packet may still visit our classrooms but may interact only with their own child.
How do I donate my tax credit money to the school?

All you need to do is download and print the form located on the Tax Credit page. Then just fill it out and get it to us. You can make your contribution in person or mail the form to us. We’ll mail you a receipt for tax reporting purposes.